D-DAY -16 LAST DAYS TO REGISTER & ATTEND THE OFFICIAL FINAL EVENT OF THE TOSCA PROJECT ON 10TH JULY IN TOULON (FRANCE)
If you already registered to the event, please disregard this email.
4 sessions will enable you to discover TOSCA project, its results and discuss future perspectives
The event will…
=>Highlight possible answers to the following questions:
- How to improve the response at Sea in case of a maritime accident?
- Which complementary tools can be used to improve marine pollution emergency plans and rescue operations?
- Which joint strategies for a common coastal management on oil spill and SAR operations in the Mediterranean?
=>Showcase the major outputs of the experimental surveys conducted by the project in five coastal areas of the Mediterranean Sea.
(Provisional) AGENDA OF THE CONFERENCE
Simultaneous translation French/English will be provided during all the conference.
09.00 – 09.30: Registration and welcome coffee
09.30 – 09.45: Official opening
09.45 – 10.10: TOSCA project, context and overview of the main outputs
This session will highlight the TOSCA strategy and innovative approach and present the main outputs of the project.
10.10 – 11.00:Overview of the tools developed within TOSCA project
A session to learn about TOSCA tools: Observational network, drifter deployment strategy, modeling strategy, LAVA software and Trajectory tool.
11:30 -12:00: GIS TOSCA
A session to discover the GIS TOSCA tool, a support tool aimed at helping decision making process in case of a Maritime accident.
12.00-12.40: Authorities point of view
What are the possible operational applications of the TOSCA approach and tools?In this session, local authorities of the TOSCA partnership will give their view on how TOSCA outputs could be used in the future, from a Maritime and Land Point of view.
12.40 – 12.55: Conclusions & perspectives
This session will present suggestions and open discussions on the future perspectives for the TOSCA project.
01.00pm: Closing speech & Lunch
Other highlights of the event include:
In the morning
- A project communication space to consult further information on the project: TOSCA video, results brochure, demo of the TOSCA geographical information system…
In the afternoon (possibility to register to one or more of the following events)
- A visit to the TOSCA public event "I like my coast without oil-spill": a colorful street entertainment in the center of Toulon
- A visit of the anti-pollution facilities, Military premises and Guided Tour of Toulon Harbor & Seafront are proposed at the end of the day
To registerto the conferenceand consult the detailed agenda,click here
For more information, please visitwww.tosca-med.eu